February 19, 2010

Matilda


is now one of the book characters I love best. I’ve loved Harry, Max, Bartimaeus for so long and no other character I’d came across after them was strong enough to impress I’d forgotten how it feels like to begin to like someone you wish is real. And I didn’t just wish for Bartimaeus to be real. I wanted to own him if he is. Yeah. I wanted to own him. I still want to.

I’ve done Matilda. Took me almost 3 hours to finish it. I had a little trouble digesting how adorable Matilda Wormwood is. I had more trouble relating to her parents who are unlike any kind I've ever known or heard of. I was struggling to not wet my eyes everytime she does something that would have made her parents proud if they happen to be sane. I thought I was lucky to have read about her, to have liked her. Dia budak yang sangat mudah untuk saya relate with.

And I wish I had someone like her to grow up with. : )

12 scribbleback (s):

Nana Mint Lee said...

cerita ini ttg apa kah?

Anonymous said...

cerita budak perempuan genius yang suka buku. nanti balik cuti boleh baca. kak nani baru beli. =) bercadang nak kumpul Roald Dahl pulak lepas ni. hehe. Kak nani beli dah charlie and the chocolate factory! baru ada 2 la Roald Dahl.

Aisya S. said...

Haha, Matilda used to remind me of my sister Anisah... I love the book, too! Have you seen the movie? The little girl who played Matilda even looks like Anisah, it's creepy. :P

aliya said...

We studied Roald Dahl's books in uni, and love them! Read The Witches; it's hilarious :P

Anonymous said...

aisya - that's awesome, to have a book character reminding you of someone you care about. =) hehe. i haven't seen the movie, but i saw the poster. and yeah, she does look like your sister. XD

kak aliya - i can't even decide which of his books is my favourite. i like them all! and yes, the witches. i sure will.

lifeitis said...

kak nani, watch the movie. ni recommendations =)

Anonymous said...

OK. i'm still looking for it. =)

Kaoru said...

Oho, cite ni mmg seronok. lagi2 part kapur gerak sendiri kat blackboard tu. aku ingat lg baca sorg2 kat library, nasib baik xtergelak kuat2, hehehe...

Anonymous said...

ok, part kapur gerak sendiri nani pun gelak sorang2. ayat2 yang digunakan sangatlah tak boleh belah, haha.

'..just like you got me,' ok sumpah bukan ayat budak below 7!!

Aisyah said...

Matilda was one of my first reads and since then i loved Roald Dahl. i have bought nearly all of his books!

and yeah, u should watch the movie. matilda is just so cute!

it was worth it, saving my pocket money and spending them on those books.

books, can't live without them =)

Nana Othman said...

owh.. dah ada movie la pula. mari la kita cari siapa yg ada utk d copy :)

Anonymous said...

aisyah - i'm looking for the movie. will deifnitely watch it sbb matilda sgt sumpah cute! haha. yeah. spending for books is as satisfying as nothing else!

fina - sila mula bertanya ke sana ke mari!

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?