June 6, 2011

Am I still being read?

OK, first of all, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for being gone for quite a while (Alright, alright! I have been gone for several centuries, I know, and I apologize!). I'm sorry for not writing even a single bit of a sentence worthy of anyone's reading time. I'm sorry for not returning the visits. I'm sorry for not dropping comments on your blogs. I'm sorry for being gone. I wouldn't bet that you guys (if I still have any reader) were waiting for my making a comeback or anything – my head isn't that big, you know? But I still feel guilty for not writing because I sort of feel like some people might still wanna read my written self-centeredness and insane ego. So here I am, back from the blogosphere reign of Anubis. I'm as alive as you are.

Right, I've been living life like crazy – shopping for my very first Camelot retelling production, making the props and costumes for the play, collecting money, using the money, going to school at 7 in the morning and going back at night for two consecutive months, coaching a drama team for the Camelot retelling (I don't wanna talk about the competition, though), teaching (of course~), breaking the hearts of some people, cracking the heads of some other people, marking exam papers – you know what, this is even craz – who wants to read this anyway? 

So yeah, I've been working myself excessively before this was published so you could say that I finally have some time to be spent with myself at home now that it's school break. Hehe. With my books. Which is something I have almost gone stupid missing doing. And lately, I sort of feel like a different person. I guess the two months spent with the kids changed some parts of me. Some significant parts or me. And I like it. I really do.

So school break started. I managed to finish The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. Found out that I like Carter a little lesser now, and I like Sadie a lot more, and I think Anubis is hot. Haha. Bast didn't get to shine so much this time, but it's still OK. Walt is quite cool, so I thought that if Sadie didn't get to be with her 5000-year-old crush, she could be with Walt. I sure hope he doesn't have to die. And page 91 drove me insane because Carter thought he saw a flying horse in the sky of Manhattan, which could have probably been Black Jack in the Percy Jackson series, or any of his chicken pony friends – so the book was automatically an awesome read. 



Before The Throne of Fire, I was reading I Am Number Four, which was promising at the beginning and turned out terrible as I went on. If you think Bella Swan sucks, you haven't read about Sarah Hart. And John Smith couldn't have been more uninteresting as a major character. He's downright annoying and selfish and not so smart. A total waste of narrating pages if you ask me.


I like strong guys in books. You don't have to able to fly or shoot laser beams from your eyes or lift an entire continent into the sun to be considered strong – just at least please do have a reason for loving someone; other than because she's an ex-cheerleader who happens to like photography and doesn't have superpowers. And those are the lamest of reasons to fall in love with anyone - he sort of reminds me of that walking disco ball who fell for Bella because he couldn't read her mind (which is a major Duh! since she couldn't have had one). Like, please have a mind that works, for once. Or try to have a personality that makes sense.

After that I managed to finish Maximum Ride: Angel. It was such a painful read I don't even wanna talk about it. But if you'd care for a reflection, you can read it here. Though I have to warn you that it is extremely biased and personal and selfish. And I know that's nothing new for those who know me.


So two months, around three books, I really need to kick myself. That's like what, epic laziness? I figured that I need to do something about it, and I'm doing it. I'm reading. Currently I'm speed-reading the second book of Tunnels, Deeper by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams. It's a good one. The details, the dialogues, the narration and the character development – I'm satisfied with almost everything about it. So I guess this is going to be a good one.


*takes a deeps breath*

Two months of nothing and a comeback of biased reviews, I hope that would mean something to my readers. I had been through some really hard days; days I don't even wanna remember. I'd gotten involved in messes that might have reduced around ten years of my entire lifespan before I got out of them. I'd pissed some really important people off. I've made some enemies accidentally. I'd necessarily stabbed some people (not in the back, of course). And I have had my heart broken to pieces so small it'll take I don't know what to have it mended (and no, it's NOT a guy).

I won't be gone for so long again, I hope. I'll try hard. For those who waited, thanks a lot. That means so much to me. For the recent followers who got surprised at how random this blog is updated, I'm sorry. I'll try to be around more often.

Now, how is everyone? 




Anything new?

14 scribbleback (s):

hzrhkamal said...

yes you are.

welcome back.

and hi.

you'd missed adinda evans trolling, gambit saifullah's video and several others.

so, nothing much. i think.

Anonymous said...

Of course you're still being read :) Oh, this is my first time I leave my comment here.

Blogger said...

*nod* :)

Saffa said...

Couldnt agree more with the guy from I am number four tuh! I didnt read the book BTW. I watch the movie. And yeah, he's so selfish & dumb!

nani said...

of course you are still being read. don't you even know your loyal fans? aishh~

btw, i totally agree in that I AM NUMBER FOUR sucked. lmao. it was totally promising at first. but as i got through the story, it seems the author got lazy and just... fuck it, i need to finish this book and get it published. and if it's not selling well, ask them to make an action movie out of it with pretty girls and cute guys and cool alien robots and sparkly explosions. psssshhhhhhh~!

i am, however, guilty of watching the movie. i was more distracted by that cool number six chick and her cool moves. yeah, yeah, typical action movie junkie. i don't even care for the story since i'd read a bit of it. (read it at the bookstore secretly. keke.)

if i wanted an actual substantial story, i'd read a book. who makes movies for storylines these days anyways?

well, "comic to movie" movies are beyond awesome tho. totally anticipating captain america and the avengers and whatnot. but that's just me. a comic geek.

anyyywaaaayyyyysss~ i'm sure you weren't intersested in all of that. welcome back! will be waiting for your next egocentric post! hahahah~

Melle Abadi said...

im still reading =D

Sarah Sayuri Hartnett said...

yes,still

and always :))

Lisa said...

i'm still reading!
*wave*
hehehe

Pisey said...

won't stop reading!
(;

anisah shurfa said...

Hi Kak Nani! I'm still reading your blog -- actually suffering withdrawal from your scathing wit, to be honest 8-O

I haven't read either of the books you reviewed, but just the mention of I Am Number Four leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The author -- or should I say authors, since Pittacus Lore is a pseudonym for two co-authors -- is involved in a pretty nasty, exploitative business. Read here if you're interested: http://nymag.com/arts/books/features/69474/

But anyways, welcome back!

Anonymous said...

hazirah,
thanks. ahaha. looks like i didn't miss anything significant, then. =)

hazirah :),
welcome. and do come again.

benrauf,
*smiles*

saffa,
tell me about it. pfft.

Anonymous said...

nani,
i'm an action movie junkie, too. XD haha. glad to know you're one! *huggies*

anyway, i think comic to movie movies are beyond awesome, too. i'm not an american comic geek, more of a manga influenced artist..but i like iron man, spidey and whatnot, a lot. XD ehe.

thanks!


melle,
thank you. =)

sarah,
thank you!!

lisa,
thanks. =)

pisey,
thanks.

anisah,
oh. haha. withdrawal from my scathing wit! that's new! XD anyway..i read the article you linked me to. was smiling. hehe. i dont think i'd be reading the next book kot. too much nonsense.

Irwan said...

Wow! what a lengthy one for a come back!

Anonymous said...

irwan - yeah. isn't it normal? XD

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?