July 17, 2011

I was unstoppable.


Back then when I was in high school, I could finish three to four Christopher Pike novels in a day. I was unstoppable. Right now, I actually have to steal some time to read just to maintain my sanity. I wish I could have more reading time. What I have now is not enough. 

There's already a long queue of titles that I need to finish before the year ends so I could start a new list next year. That, people, has never happened before. I had always bought new books because I have nothing else to read. 

I really need more time to hog the books. Or I'll crack.

What have you guys been reading lately? Share with me!

19 scribbleback (s):

H. Iman said...

I just finished hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world by haruki murakami that I bought last year, the plots were brilliant and so exciting that I delayed my readings for almost 4 5 months , in lieu of indulging the ending I expected it to be. and yesterday, I sank to the deepest core of crests of crestfallenness because; eventually the ending was NOT as what I expected it to be.*sobsob* it's okay then.I should move on I think, and now pursuing with Nomad by ayaan hirsi ali :)

Anonymous said...

h. iman,
thanks for sharing. i might get my hands on them books you mentioned. =)

Anonymous said...

History of God by Karen Armstrong and Daughter of the East- Benazir Bhutto were good. also, nothing beats re-reading classic tragedies like Hamlet hehe

Anonymous said...

yasmin,
i tried hamlet several years ago. i think i can't digest shakespeare. but i havent tried anything by karen armstrong. history of god sounds interesting. =)

M. Faiz Syahmi said...

I just read I am Muslim by Dina Zaman. And Accidental Adult by Colin Sokolowski. Haha!

Anonymous said...

well, you can always try the modern version first, and then the original text :D and yeap 'twas good. the 2 books I mentioned are not novels unfortunately..

Anonymous said...

faiz syahmi,
i read that some years ago. good english. =)

yasmin,
yeah i know. been a while since i last read anything non fiction. =) thanks!

yasmin said...

i wish i love reading as much as you do... REALLY I REALLY WISH I LOVEE READING



LIKE REALLY...

Nani Othman said...

yasmin,
oh. you don't love reading? really?

anak pak man said...

History of God was eye-opening to me. Heavy reading (for me) but worth it..

I haven't been reading of late. Hate that fact. Just disgusted. T_T

Now I'm trying to read "Live Your Dreams" By Geoff Thompson. It's a self-help book. I feel like I need the motivation. Also on my list is House Rules by Jodi Picoult. But you've read that one.

Anonymous said...

anak pak man,
seriously i need to get this history of god book. more than 5 people have suggested it to me.

don't be disgusted. just steal some time to read. that's how i manage to keep my sanity.

havent tried anything from geoff thompson. let me know if he's good, ok? and house rules RULES BIG TIME, take that from me.

hehe.

ummu kulthum said...

kak nani, i've just finished pearl of china by anchee min. it's a historical fiction. it reminded me on how friendship SHOULD be. a story of friendship and struggle during communist era. worth every penny

Terra Shield said...

Hmmm... I'm all about TP and Discworld right now. There are about 3 books I have not been able to get my grubby hands on yet, and I hope to do so by the end of the year.

Anonymous said...

it'd be water for elephants for me.

and the final harry potter book.
well, at least the final FEW pages.
cant bring myself to gobble the whole thing.

i always respect people who read fancy,
thought-provoking, intelligent books.
i tend to gravitate towards literary greats like
'the book of bunny suicides' 8-D

oh well.

-avoch-

Anonymous said...

kulthum,
ah. i'd love to try that one. friendship is something i can never get tired of. will try to find that. =)

terra,
ah..i hope you'll get them soon. i havent started collecting discworld. hope to start soon!

avoch,
haven't read water elephants. but have finished HP7 on the day it was released.. haha. XD

Pisey said...

Me too. And yes zaman sekolah duk kumpul Pikes' macam nak gila. Nonstop baca everything.

Masa sekarang sikit.

Anonymous said...

pisey,
hello pisey. i'm insanely in love with pike still! haha. XD

Pisey said...

Well. There's nothing wrong to be insanely in love with books.

(;

Anonymous said...

pisey,
omg i know! XD

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?