November 12, 2012

Would you - ?


STOP telling people how to avoid others talking about them. 

Tell the others to not talk about things they know nothing of, instead.


I am SICK of the society where we are taught, 'Don't make people talk about you,' when it should be, 'Don't talk about people you don't know.' We are teaching our kids the wrong things. And that should really change.

I wish I could say, 'I've had enough' but hey, a lot of us are still defined by the things we couldn't say and by the things we couldn't do. Because the society decides what's what. I'd say I hate it, but hey, I'm a part of it. So yeah, I could be hating myself for all I know.

What about you guys? Been through anything similar?



13 scribbleback (s):

Ciklong said...

those words are always been spoken by someone that I know. well, i don't mind if people talk about me...i got the pahala...hehe

Nani Othman said...

long,
which words?

Ciklong said...

these words:

'Don't make people talk about you,'

especially if i wear tudung that covers my aurat

Nani Othman said...

Long,
Oh. Retards kot diorg tu.

Ayaq said...

I'm going to steal those phrases and letak kat fesbuk. Sekian terima kasih.

p/s: I've just followed you on twitter, so if you see a girl with muka sekerat and tudung purple, that's me. :P

Bashtiah said...

Well I tried telling them to stop talking about things they don't know about but got called a goody two shoes instead...

Nani Othman said...

ayaq,
hello. haha. yes you may steal. =) and thanks for sharing that on fb. oh yeah i saw you. name's hanim, yes?


teah,
ahaha. its wonderful to be called goody two shoes! rather than being called a b*tch for talking behind people's backs? =)

Ayaq said...

Ala kantoi nama. Haha yes that's me. :D

Nani Othman said...

ayaq,
it's a nice name. why not? =)

Inspector Saahab said...

lama tak singgah. like seriously.

new look. nice. santek

Nani Othman said...

sahab,
thanks. you're looking good, too. =)

cafiena said...

i always throw this kind of lecture,

"have you see successful people? they have goal and they focus on their goal. have you see the other people who envy them? all they talk about is, how bad is his/her life. you know the reason you still talking about them? because you have a lot of time to waste since you have nothing much to do, when they are so busy living theirs. Until the day you stop talking about thing you didn't know and start talking about thing you really know, all you do is gossiping."

My teachers taught me, let people talk, they will run out of words and you always have a good thing to smile at.

Nani Othman said...

cafiena,
that's very interesting. i like how your teacher worded it. true, let people say what they want then. if god loves you but the whole world doesn't, what have you got to lose? but if the world loves you and god doesn't, what have you gained? right?

come again!

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?