July 25, 2016

Milk for the Ugly - Personal Response (5D 2016)



Dear dedicated students of 5 Diligent,

Having read this disturbingly dark story together 
just a few moments ago, I think most of you are now 
overwhelmed by your own disturbingly dark thoughts - 
the stuff that make vicious nightmares. 
And that's actually good. 
That's what it's supposed to do. 
If that's what it does, then it does its job well. 
I hope the experience is still fresh in your mind. 
You will need those dark thoughts in a moment. 

Now what I want you to do is - hold on to those thoughts. 
Hold on to them tightly.
And answer the following questions honestly. 
Seal the lingering dark thoughts 
you now have in your mind into your answers.

Do not bother about your grammar. 
Do not bother about how you would sound in your response.
Do not bother about writing complex sentences.
Do not bother about creative expressions.
Do not even try to be impressive - do that in your exam.

Just be truthful when you answer the questions.
You know I appreciate everything you write,
as long as they are honest,
so just write.
Comfortably.

OK?

Be straightforward. Be thoughtful.
Be sincere in your responses to the following questions.



* * *



1) What was the first thought you had after you finished reading the story? 
Were you impressed by it? Were you afraid? 
Were you slightly disturbed? Or were you even amused? 
What was that first thought?

2) Which scene in the motion book had the strongest impact on you? 
Why do you think so? How did the scene make you feel? 

3) What do you like about the motion book? 
The illustration? The plot? The sound effects? 
The character designs? The music? The ending?
Reasons.

4) What do you not like about the book?
The illustration? The plot? The sound effects?
The character designs? The music? The ending?
Reasons.

5) If you can rewrite the ending of the story,
how would you do it?



Alright. That should keep you busy for now.


I'll be waiting for your responses very patiently.
Take your time. Write as much as you can.

Now.

In the box below.

Go on.

Go ahead.

I am waiting.



15 scribbleback (s):

Aiman Rashidi said...

1) My first thought about this story was i thought that the old woman was crazy and the young girl was the main character. i also thought that the old woman was a bad witch that wanted to do bad things

2)i think the most impactful scene to me was when the man took off the red necklace that the old woman gave him to protect himself from the uglies. this is because i thought the man was a good guy but he also had an ugly inside him. the moment he took off his necklace, i knew that this man will doomed.

3)i think i love everything about this book. this is the first time i read this kind of book and i felt entertained. this will encourage me to read more English book.

4)for me, i think i there is no flaw in this book. it is interesting and easy to read by a lazy people like me.

5)if i can rewrite the ending, i will make the man help the old woman to keep the uglies. this story can be expanded if the man continuing to keep the uglies.

hidayah said...

1) My first thought after i had finished read this story is i was so impressed by the the ending and the way of the story presented.
2) The scene that have a strongest impact on me is when the young man trying to get out from the old women house it quite scare when the young man also got the ugly thing inside him.
3) I likes the illustration in this motion book its looks alive and scary and of course the ending was impressed me.
4) There's nothing that i do not likes in this motion book .
5) If i can rewrite the ending of the story i would makes the old women die together with the young man and the ugly things spread out from the house to everywhere in the town .

Anonymous said...

Dear my beloved teacher nani,
1)my first thought after i finished reading the story is i was afraid with the uglies!!!they were really ugly and very black!i really do not like them at all.eeeeuuuwww!!!!

2)for me,the most impacting scene in the story was when the man in white uniform saw the uglies behind him.he was very shocked and the sweat flowing on his face.i cannot imagine if i were in that moment on that time,what should i do?

3)i really love the sound effects and the graphics in the motion book.the ending was also interesting and made me shocked because i thought that the girl was the main character at first.the graphic were really beautiful and funny.i love them very much!

4)if i can do the ending,i will write like this:
The old woman took out one of the black uglies inside the rib cage of the man.She looked at the ugly carefully.Suddenly,the ugly moved and jumped quickly onto the old woman's face and eat her hungrily.The other uglies also jumped onto her and eat her until there were no more meat left.The house was left over and no one even care about the old woman in the crepe house.

Nur Haziqah Aida said...

1. My first thought , I was afraid because the story line was a little bit scary . Eventhough the story was short but I enjoyed it very much ! :)

2. The scene that leave me a strong impact was, a scene where the ugly thing ate the man . It was because it was an unexpected scene that shocked me . I felt scared and it disturbed my mind

3.The thing that I like about that book was the sound effect and the illustration . It was because the sound effect make the story more alive than the other story and the illustration was just perfect for this story.

4. What I don't like about this book was the ending . The ending was quite boring because readers don't know what happened after the story and the story was also leave hanging.

5.If I can rewrite about the ending of the story , I will make that the man survived from the ugly and call the police .The old lady will be caught up by police and the police will spray a special liquid that made by a proffesional proffesor to the ugly and make the ugly die . After that , the animal will be sent to nearby zoo.

wan muhamad qayyim afif b. wan ghazali said...

My first thought after reading this story was that the uglies will be free soon and cause destruction and the old woman do a good job keeping the ugly away from outside. I was so impressed about this story, first think in my head that the old woman is a psycho or a ghost besides, she doing a noble work protecting a mankind. I really like about the uglies ideas, it was so creative and the uglies looks really disturbing to me. It was black, small and numerous.

The scene which give the greatest impact on me is on the climax of this story where the old woman showed the uglies to the man where the man think the woman has any social problem to kept her room untidy and dark. Its show me that we cant described people on their look and the first thing their do. We need to go more deeper on describing people personalities.

I like the motion because i cant understand and imagine the scene more details and quick. The motion graphic and sounds effect give a quick response to my feeling and stimulate my sense. The plot were very good as the twist was very interesting and the character was design perfect and creative.

There is nothing i do not like in this story, this story is simple and easy to understand. I hopes that there will be the sequel of this story.

If i can rewrite this story, i maybe make the cleaning team to came into her house and get eaten by the uglies and i will the uglies more scarier with more teeth and more swarming sounds.

Syafiqah Aisyah said...

1.At first, i thought the little girl is the main character but this story is different from the others that i had read.Moreover i thought the old woman is crazy because she talked to herself and feeding to a box.
2.The moment when she talk about she's trying to save people from the ugly creature to the social worker give the strongest impact to me.She just an old weak woman but she manage to keep the ugly creatures from disturb other people
3. I like the fact that the book has illustration and sound effect so i can see what is the writers thought compared to just reading novel which what i imagined is different from the writers.
4.I don't like how the story end.It is a bit confusing about what had happen she receive the call.
5.If i can rewrite the story i will end with the old woman is dead in her house with the ugly creatures with no one knowing about that until the new owner found it the secret that hidden.

NurSuhailahShafawati said...

Dear teacher Nani,

thank you for the amazing book.
okay. The first thought that i had in my mind after reading it is i'm kind of scared but i'm impressed. i thought that it would be a longer story like the lady would be chased out of her house but then the ending really surprised me.

The scene that the guy pushed the lady. it is so rude to do that. yeah. the lady just help the world but the guy thought that the lady is insane. so, the scene teach me to not judging people by it cover immediately.

i really like the book as it can be moved. the sound effect and the music is really good as it makes me feel the character more. the ending is good as it giving me ideas to make a short story.

i did not like the character design and the colours. it is dark and ugly. they should make other pretty and the only ugly is the lady so that the message about don't judge the books by its cover.

lastly, if i could rewrite the storry ending, i would make the guy see the uglies after it took the necklace off. and the guy will go toward the front door with his eyes open. so, he could see the uglies reaching for him. is not fun if the guy didn't see it.

that's all from me. Thank you.

yusmahariz ashraf said...

Dear my beloved teacher nani,
1)my first thought after i finished reading the story is i was afraid with the uglies!!!they were really ugly and very black!i really do not like them at all.eeeeuuuwww!!!!

2)for me,the most impacting scene in the story was when the man in white uniform saw the uglies behind him.he was very shocked and the sweat flowing on his face.i cannot imagine if i were in that moment on that time,what should i do?

3)i really love the sound effects and the graphics in the motion book.the ending was also interesting and made me shocked because i thought that the girl was the main character at first.the graphic were really beautiful and funny.i love them very much!

4)if i can do the ending,i will write like this:
The old woman took out one of the black uglies inside the rib cage of the man.She looked at the ugly carefully.Suddenly,the ugly moved and jumped quickly onto the old woman's face and eat her hungrily.The other uglies also jumped onto her and eat her until there were no more meat left.The house was left over and no one even care about the old woman in the crepe house.
7/25/2016 11:18 AM

nazreen said...

1)the first thoughts is the movie looks like creepy mansion with the character of ugly woman sweeping the floor.
2)the scene when the man was very scared at the climactic plot where the man push the ugly woman away from him.this scene made me very surprise .
3)the most think I very like about this motion book is the character design and sound effect because this factors made me enjoy the story line.
4)what I don't like about this book is the ending because I expected that the ugly woman was died in this story.
5)if i can rewrite the story i would make that the ugly woman died after the man took the knifes from the kitchen and kill the ugly woman and take a fire from his surrounding and burn all the creepy creatures in front him.

muhammad ashraf said...

dear teacher nani,
1)After reading the story,the first though that i had is amazing.The story plot make it very unpredictable.i very impress about the story lines.i slightly disturb at the old cleaning crazy woman.my first though is the little is the main character but the old woman is the is the true main character in the story.

2)The scene that give impact at me is where the man push the old woman after he see the uglies. The scene make me feel so mad of the man because of his emotions after see the uglies he become angry and try to run from the house.

3)I like the motion book because the graphic is very clear and the motion is very smooth it make me feel want to read again and again.

4)what i don't like about the book is the sound effect at start it very cheerful and the sound can not make my heart beat faster when read the story to know the story.

5)If i rewrite the story i will make the ugly escape from the apartment and conqoure the world and the old woman only have the resolution about the uglies.

Mohd Taufiq bin Zaidong said...

1)My first thought is i was very impressed and kinda surprised as i would never thought that the uglies will kill the man that come to help Mrs. Dorothy. I've been expecting the man will help Dorothy by continue taking care of the uglies as she is gonna die soon

2)The scene that had the strongest impact on me is where the man lost his trust to Dorothy, take off the bead and ignore what Dorothy had told him before. This had the strongest impact because finally the man die eaten by uglies as there were no protection from the uglies for the man.

3)What i really like about this comic is the character design. The design really show the characteristics and even personality of the character.

4)What i doesn't like about the book is the sound effects. The sound effect is same for some part of the scene.

5)I would write the ending where the man will continue taking care of the uglies when Dorothy die and he then become the creepy guy that were sweeping at the side walk.

azilah said...

My first thought is I thought that little girl and her mother is the main character of the story but it not. I was impressed with the plot of the story. The writer of the story is good at makes plot twisted. I was a little bit afraid with the graphics. The scenes that gives me strongest impact is when the little girl is judging the old woman to her mother. Then, her mother ask her not to judge people by its cover. Its gives me a lesson do not judge people by its cover. I think it will gives strongest impact to the people who like to judge people by its cover same like me. I like this motion book about the plots and the characters design. Both of it suits well. The character design is suit with the plot of the story. If I can rewrite the ending of the story , I will make the little girl is the one who is eaten by the ugliest because her rudeness attitude. After I read this motion books , I learn a lesson that’s all of us have an ugly part in our inner self even it smaller than a cell.

Nur Nazifa said...

The first thought I had after I finished reading the story is about a little girl with her mother.The little girl and mother is not the main character of this story..the main character of the story is the old woman. On the way ,they want to go to somewhere the little girl noticed the old woman.but the mother angry at her because she say something.I will impressed with the plot and the sound of the story.I afraid with the graphics.The scene that give me storngest impact is when the liitle girl is judging the old woman.so.dont judge by it cover.I like this motion book about the plot and the sound effects.The sound effect is so scary.If i can rewrite the ending , I will change the man with the little girl. I will make the little girl is eaten by the ugliest because of her rudeness attitude.

sakinasahibul said...

dear cher' nani ,

directly after we finish reading the story , i personally was amused with the way the story was presented . it was so modern and really excite me to read the story till the end . i actually love the whole story itself . the ilustrastion , the plot , the drawings and the character really make me into the story . at first , i also thought the the girl was the main character but it was the old woman instead . the ending was a bit off for me . they should end it with something bad happen to the old woman . something like the old woman actually kill herself as because she didn't stand it anymore . the red necklace really stand out in the story because it somehow give a power to the old woman .

NurSuhailahShafawati said...

*they should make others pretty and the only ugly is the lady so that the message about don't judge the book by its cover is achieved.

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?