June 8, 2010

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0


Dear Yuuki,

Our home is full of your scent. Whatever I do, whether I'm asleep or awake, the smell reminds me of you. I'm sure it'll always make me sad, and it'll probably always hurt. So when I become too sad, or when it's so painful that I can't stand it anymore, I'll tell you instead of holding it in. When I'm happy and having fun, I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything.
Yuuki, thank you.

Thank you for being born as my little brother.

***

I swear, I cried throughout the last episode of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Sumpah Teacher Nani menangis teresak-esak macam tengok One Litre of Tears. Sedih gila! Oh my God, I must have surprised many of you sebab Teacher Nani mana pernah menulis semacam ini sebelum ini kan? Tak apa, no time to linguistically behave anymore. Ini bukan blog orang lain.

Anyway, this is one of those insanely good animes out there which hits you powerfully in the guts and at the heart with perfectly flawed and believable characters plus the realistic storyline and setting. An A+ for the animation, sumpah over the top punya dia engineered. Another A+ for the seiyuu – one fantastic bunch of people who really, really know what they're doing. And triple A+s for the story and dialogues. Need I remind you that I'm a nasty reviewer most of the times?

There were some scenes which were really hard to watch, especially in the last episode, but the whole series had been both beautifully depressing and heartbreakingly uplifting at the same time. I don't know how the studio managed to achieve that crazy effect on me (and a whole bunch of people who had also cried watching the last episode) but it was worth the bucks spent. I'd say this is one of the best shows I'd ever spend my reading hours on. Seriously. You'd better ask my sister about how stingy I am of my reading time.

For one simple reason the last episode hit me real hard. I'm a big sister, just like Mirai. I bet it would hit many of you out there with younger siblings similarly. And then the realization that your heart is in the right place. Nicely done. Sumpah sedih gila.

I want my siblings to watch this. Because there was so much love in it. And so much warmth, too.

And I think YOU should watch this. Because I'd say this out loud if you'd ask me to, 'Only a hardened, bitter, d*ckheaded cynic wouldn't be moved by Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.'

I've learnt a lot from the series. But there's one scene permanently stamped on my mind and I'm glad that of all the scenes, this one chose to stay:


You just won't know when you would regret not holding your sister's or brother's hand as much as possible when you once could.
-Teacher Nani


I recommend this to anyone, even non-anime watchers. You won't be sorry. I promise you.

16 scribbleback (s):

♥maddy♥ said...

i'm gonna have to tell my brother about this!he'll love it!thanks ms!

Anonymous said...

maddy - be sure to. =) no prob. i hope you'd watch it, too.

Nana Othman said...

You just won't know when you would regret not holding your sister's or brother's hand as much as possible when you once could.

apakah perasaan anda mempunyai adik yang terlalu mudah mengalirkan air mata .___. ?

fina tak pernah tgk lagi anime ni, dengaq nama pun tak penah lagi. hanya berbekalkan penulisan kak nani dan ayat d atas sana, air mata mengalir pula!!! XDDDD

nanti fina balik tengok!! tunggu!!!!!

Anonymous said...

adinda - wei kita sama-sama mudah teralir (mcm shit perkataan) airmata lah. igt cerita The Teacher yg kita baca sama-sama, sawan wei menangih dua-dua org.

ayat tersebut dikarang oleh kanda juga, krn terlampau ter-affect oleh anime terbabit. lepas ni boleh beli lagi ah anime terbitan company ni. =)

Nana Othman said...

tu la .___.

kak nani ada yang high quality kah kat rumah?

Anonymous said...

adinda - good news. kak nani beli DVD dia. confirm mak nenek ah HD bkn HQ dah, hahaha. XD

Nana Othman said...

O.o ..

HD!!??

Kyyaaaah XD *macam fangirl gila* haha. yay XD!! mahai dak?

Anonymous said...

rm 16.90. sebelas episod.

anime la ni murah ah.

Nana Othman said...

*angguk* murah, murah.

Anonymous said...

*angguk jugak* XD

♥maddy♥ said...

of coz i will! :D

Anonymous said...

maddy - great!

Sonnet said...

anime ni...kalu nani tgk boleh nangis...mmg sumpah best n sumpah kena tgk!!!

pastu nk students2 kaklong and adik2 kaklong tgk jugak!!

Anonymous said...

long - byk sial sumpah... XDD hahah. serius best cite ni. sila lah gi cari dan semoga dpt ditunjuk kt anak didik skalian~~

Jai said...

Dah ade simpan. tapi belom tengok lagi. sumpah akan ku tonton malam nie. hait!

Nani Othman said...

jai - you should!!

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?