June 9, 2010

A thousand summers.


I couldn't remember the last time I had ever run across a field of lavender, hand in hand with a friend. I guess I never did. That's why I couldn't remember. But today I was running freely, despite the fact that I couldn't see. My hand in his. Heavenly. There was the purple-covered land my eyes might never feast upon, and there was the bluest painted sky I had only heard of, but there was the present, and there was also him – whose heartbeats I could hear from where I stand, and that was all that mattered.

Suddenly his grip on my hand tightened, and he pulled me closer, his warm breaths against my cheek and the smell of his cologne thickened in the air, to whisper, 'I wish time would stop now, at this moment, when I am still in control of myself and the madness you have driven me to, so I could be silently crazy about you for all eternity. But it won't ever, and I'd be crazy about you anyway as long as I'm still breathing, I'm sorry if this will break your heart, I promise to God I'll mend it flawless, I promise to God I'd keep it safe.'

And his lips met mine for a thousand summers.

20 scribbleback (s):

Aisya S. said...

Awww, that's cute. You have a knack for writing cuteness.


Does this come from a longer piece or do you usually write short, in-the-moment passages?

Nani Othman said...

aisya - thanks. *blushes pink ngade2* that's so kind of you.

this one comes from a 6-page piece. a short story i wrote in my days as a creative writing club member back then. =) about a blind girl who wanted to see colors.

and yeah i usually write short in-the-moment passages, too. hehe.

Aisya S. said...

I still have to read the last Ig and Nina bit you posted...

When you gonna publish the whole thing already? Malas nak tunggu! Sakit hati, tau, when we syok2 baca, and then we have to wait til who knows when for the next bit! BENCI!


:P

Nana Othman said...

owh, cerita ini. saya sudah baca dan mengalirkan air mata XDDD <-- font size 100!

Nana Othman said...

kak aisya d atas sana, sabarrr ^^ hehe

Anonymous said...

aisya - aiyo..you got me laughing hard!! haha. sorry. i pun sakit hati jugak that i can't publish the whole thing sebab i don't have the whole thing. i also benci the fact that i have to keep people waiting, you know. >< if it's stressful on the readers, it's a billion times more stressful on me. but it keeps me going. i thank everyone for that. sangat. taktau mcm mana nk apologize dah. adeh.

Anonymous said...

adinda - teruk gila komen. XDD

Aisya S. said...

Oooh ooh sorry! Didn't mean to stress you out!


Takpe, I'll wait patiently then. :D

Anonymous said...

aisya - i know you didn't. i'll try my best. XD it's hard when you're working. one of the readers had already told me to quit teaching. lol. takleh blah.

She-Gnome said...

Nana, i heart this:))

She-Gnome said...

Urm, i mean Nani... see, i got u guys mixed-up again.

Luna said...

Kak Nani adalah awesomeness! Ada perasaan yang masih membuak buak nak keluar. Tapi tak boleh dinyatakan dalam bentuk perkataan. haha! Nak cerita penuh!!

inna hayati said...

oh Nani...please reveale who is dis guy...i'm dying of guessing.T__T

again.awesome!

inna hayati said...

ops.reveal.no e..:D

inna hayati said...

eh lagi..:D
Owh..i thought this is Ig n Nina….sorry…but. This is also a mystery…berdebar2 mahu tahu siapakah empunya diri. :D

Munsyi said...

That's really sweet.Is it a dream? short story?

Anonymous said...

she-gnome - thank you~!

luna - omg thank you. mcm sgt warm and keju cair all of the sudden. XD hehe. that's very nice of you. cerita penuh i kena consider dulu, sbb in Word je dh six pages. hehe.

kak inna - his name is Azul.

munsyi - it's a short story. =)

brenda_diamonds said...

how can lips meet for 1000 summers? haha just kidding.

zuhana zulkifli said...

that is cute and beautifully written :)

Anonymous said...

brenda - use glue. XD

zuhana - thank you!

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?