March 21, 2010

FANG untuk Kak Nani II.


I’d say the person who knows me best after God, is my mum. Or Maak, fondly. And I’d say the person who knows me best after Maak, is my sister – the one and only. I’m thankful for that; for having people like that in my life. Not everyone has the luxury of the people who know you so close you’d be happy just knowing that they remember you. I do. Alhamdulillah.

Last few days, my sister did something which sent my soul off the roof into the stars, haha. Remember this post? Yeah, as most of you might have guessed, one copy of James Patterson’s Fang is now ours. Awesomeness. Hehe. You can read her version of the story right here. Couldn’t really tell you how happy I am. But I do have many bunga api of a hundred colours raging my brains right now. Haha.

I’m happy that she got the book for me. But I’m happier that the person who got it for me was her. There were some other people who offered to help buy it for me, but I said no because I knew it wouldn’t be the same. I don’t trust anyone’s observation of a book before buying. I trust only mine. And since the madness of ‘Aku mesti beli buku yg sempurna segala-galanya’ has been successfully acquired by my sister, from me, I trust hers - thus the reason why I jumped out of my skin the moment she texted me about the purchase.

But truly, I’m happiest knowing that it wasn’t much of the ways she chooses a book or the time she spent for something I wanted that sent me off the roof, it was the fact that the blood-sister whose heart is the prettiest after Maak’s had actually remembered to put a smile on my face by buying a book that did it. She could have done bigger things, and crazier things, but she chose to put a smile on my face. For that alone I could never thank Allah SWT enough.

Thanks, adikku yang best. Thanks for the beautiful thought. You’re the world’s best sister to me, and if there are people who don’t agree, they might have been absent the day God distributed brains.



*hugs*


14 scribbleback (s):

Aisyah Sinclair said...

That's very sweet of her, your sister. :)

Faisal Admar said...

auw. that's cool. instead of i wish i could get a book, a macro lens for my new baby is great too :P

anak pak man said...

so sweet..

and i'm not the biggest fan of the word "sweet"..

^_^

Saya! said...

Nani, da siap! Err... Ampunkan saja kalau ada nada-nada biadap di dalamnya. :p~

aimee said...

I've read fang!hehe..

Sir Pök Déng said...

Maybe I should try reading this.

S.Azeem Ong said...

salam.

tahniah kak nani sbb dpt buku yg kak nani nak~

especially dr nana-chan ^^

nana ialah wira kak nani! XDD



p/s: i really like this part:

"they might have been absent the day God distributed brains"

sangat macho

Neo_matrixzz said...

was here..

ffincher said...

i recently read school's out forever. you sound like max.

at least in your old blog.

:)

inna hayati said...

nana is d Hero!!

yeay! :D
*sama2 kongsi happy dengan nani..

Anonymous said...

aisyah - oh mesti. XD

faisal - of course la kool. wah. a macro lens? mana syok macro lens dpt hadiah. lg syok beli sendiri. kepuasan hati tahap tertinggi.

anak pak man - then what's your favourite word?

kak darling - sudah ready pun untuk diampun. hehe. XD i'll drop by asap!

aimee - good for you. =)

Anonymous said...

sir pok deng - maybe you should start from book one. =)

azeem - terima kasih.
kasih ibu membawa ke syurga,
kasih bapa pun sama juga,
kasih adinda ke kinokuniya,
happynya beta tidak terkira.

ok sumpah geli ah pantun ni, haha. XD

and yes - kak nani mmg tak reti menulis secara TAK macho. *hins hins*



safie - yeah. i know. come again!

adik nulu - omg. you'd just made me teary eyed~!!!! you're not the first to have said that, but the effect is the same nevertheless. *huggie* yeah..sometimes i think i did. man. i miss the days i sounded like max.

kak inna - ya mmg begitulah beliau. hehe. thanks tumpang happy!

Nana Othman said...

wuuu.. sorry lambat komen. dah baca hari tu, tapi tak sempat komen ><

"And since the madness of ‘Aku mesti beli buku yg sempurna segala-galanya’ has been successfully acquired by my sister, from me"

haha, ini adalah satu keperluan. beli buku mahai2, tapi beli yang huduh, baik tak payah beli XD!


"it was the fact that the blood-sister whose heart is the prettiest after Maak’s had actually remembered to put a smile on my face by buying a book that did it. She could have done bigger things, and crazier things, but she chose to put a smile on my face."
crazier things? oh, pada hari yang sama, ada kawan yang ajak fina pi karaoke kat redbox sogo O.o tapi saya reject XD. daripada pergi menyanyi, baik lah fina melukis senyuman di wajah kakak kesayangan :)

*hugs*

much love,
fina :)

Anonymous said...

adinda - awat lambat!?? (ceh sendiri pun lambat reply)

aha. beli buku mahai, title tak buleh nak tulong - tapi spine patah, baik tak payah beli!! XD tp mmg tak heran, ramai manusia di dunia ni mmg tak reti beli buku. tak tahan ada mukasurat ter-rabik oleh pisau puaka (speaking from experience) penjaga kaunter pun ambik ja tak bagi balik. kalau kak nani sorry ah. mmg amik baru punya dlm plastik la.

hapa!?? ada makhluk mengajak adikku melakukan pameran aurat secara besar-besaran!?? siapakah beliau!? mengapakah begitu senseless sekali!??

anyway. you made the right choice. tahniah and much love from me, too. XD

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?