August 21, 2010

This was my story.

I was the happiest girl in the world. My mother was the most beautiful woman whose heart was pure platinum and my dad was the most powerful man in the industry. None of my dreams went by without being made to come true by their love and money. Some even came true before I could dream them.

Then it came in tongues of flames and fury, claiming everything I had ever loved. In my 16-year-old eyes the fire could have easily beaten the size of Everest at any given time. It took both my angels away, never to return. And I was left alone to weep floods and floods of liquid agony, longing and desperation down my cheeks for ten long years. There were times when I thought I should just cut my meaningless life short and go with them, wherever they are.

But God, He had other plans for me. It all began with the growl on the roof, which sounded hungry.

This was my story.

p/s: It could be yours, too.

* * *

You are invited to continue this story in the comment section.

Three sentences per-person, proceeding from where the previous commenter left off. You have unlimited turns to write.

Let's see where the story will go. Hehe. I'll do the first three sentences.

34 scribbleback (s):

Anonymous said...

The raging storm outside couldn't hide the sound of the growl that was vibrating through the walls of the house. There were then flashes of lightning, and there were booms of thunder. And the growling was becoming louder, or sounding hungrier.

Faisal Admar said...

jeez! nani. you think someone else could beat your brain?

i was born to listen and read.

so, you do it girl! :)

Anonymous said...

ah man mr faisal you'd just spoiled the chain~~ takpe, let me start again, hehehe.

p/s: this isn't about brain beating~~!


anyway,

I moved away from the window, just in case the whatever it is chose to break in and say 'Hi!'. Then I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the largest knife I could find and returned to the living room. The growling, somehow, for some reason, had suddenly stopped.

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Maybe it’s nothing other then my overactive imagination. One that has always threatened to consume me my entire life, maybe this is one of those times. I let out a sigh of relief...moments before the living room door flung open behind me.

Anonymous said...

Then I heard the growling again and with all my might, I tried to listen harder to figure out what exactly made the noise.

"Oh, I forgot it's the fasting month so no wonder my stomach sounds so hungry."

I walked back towards the fridge in the kitchen to start preparing food for break fasting.

- omg lame!

Anonymous said...

Then I heard the growling again and with all my might, I tried to listen harder to figure out what exactly made the noise.

"Oh, I forgot it's the fasting month so no wonder my stomach sounds so hungry."

I walked back towards the fridge in the kitchen to start preparing food for break fasting.

- omg lame!

Anonymous said...

Then I heard the growling again and with all my might, I tried to listen harder to figure out what exactly made the noise.

"Oh, I forgot it's the fasting month so no wonder my stomach sounds so hungry."

I walked back towards the fridge in the kitchen to start preparing food for break fasting.

- omg lame!

Unknown said...

fasting month..?? aiyoohh.. suddenly lost all my ideas..

Ayaq said...

Turns out the fridge is empty. The only one that's left inside the fridge is belacan. Why do I keep belacan in the fridge, anyway?

(thesis...thesis...thesis..my brain cannot function anymore brrrr)

Google said...

anon 7:38, 7:38 and 7:40 memang lu lame gila.

Anonymous said...

From TCDO:

I turned and stared at the doorway, mouth agape. This..couldn't be happening! And the person at the door began laughing.

Awan La Rêveuse said...

I stormed at her. Grabbing her by her collar with all the rage in my veins waiting to burst my words of anger. "Where the heck is my tuna?!"

lame? i dunno...
i tried (^_^)v

Luna said...

Why is everybody talking about food? |-S

In my current state of agony, I failed to recognize that she looked very much like an ancient warrior.

"I can't believe the choosen one's first question to her guardian is "Where the heck is my tuna?!" !"

She mimicked my stupid self.

Anonymous said...

Then I realized that the person I was strangling wasn't saying anything. She kept laughing like she was born to do only that. I was so frustrated!

Luna said...

And so, it began. I was confused and irritated at first but then I started to get use to her. Until one day when I least expected anything to happen.

Aisya S. said...

I was walking through the dark corridor to get to my English class, the ancient warrior lady tagging along behind me. I was beginning to get used to having her constantly be around me. It was weird-- she was scary as heck, but she made me feel a bit safe.

Anonymous said...

She hadn't said anything since we first met, but she made me feel understood. What I didn't get was the tagging along. If she had anything to tell me, she wasn't doing a good job at it.

Farahanani Amhazali said...

urgh.. this is so hard.. ok.. let me try..

She handed me a box, which confuse me more. I studied the coffee colored pentagon shaped box the whole night. None I know about it, but I believe it must be something really important.

huhu~

Anonymous said...

huh?
indeed...
it is important...

i look at the THING in my hand...
my blood run cold...


*i tried la nani..
-affni

Sonnet said...

okay, let me try...tp x tau la best ke x ayatnya..huhu

Inside the box is the picture of picking a nose while clutching Oggy plushy! How can she has the picture of me? My eyes widen as i remember her.

Anonymous said...

I tried to find hints on the box, and I found writings on one of the sides. Writings that spelled three words I never thought I'd see on such a box. I shivered as I read, 'Are you dumb?'

♥maddy♥ said...

"This doesn't make any sense!" I speak out loud. I threw the box at the junkyard on my way home but magically it flew back into my hands..with stinky trashes all over it of course. The warrior lady laughed the most evil laugh I've ever heard in my entire life and only until she started to cough so badly I started to laugh my ass off too!

Aisya S. said...

Her expression turned sour. Apparently she didn't like me laughing at her. She walked over to me and snatched the box before turning it over, revealing a secret latch underneath.

Nani Othman said...

I tried lifting the latch. Turned out it was all rusty. But suddenly, it lifted on its own.

Anonymous said...

At that very moment, everything magic I watched on TV went alive. The lady must have enjoyed watching my idiotic expression she went on a laughing fit. "What... on earth?" was all that I could mouth.

Luna "Q" Kamaruzaman

Aisya S. said...

Swirls of colour floated out from the box, accompanied by a tiny ball of intense white light. From the centre of the box came a shrill noise. It sounded like a mix between a screaming banshee and a singing siren.

Anonymous said...

The mysterious box fell off her hands and landed on the floor with a sickening crack. The swirling shades of colours were expanding in size, while the ball was glowing brighter as the scream-singing grew more intense. And slowly, eerily, it began to take a form; a human form.

Anonymous said...

A boy my age appeared to be the human form. Tall, well-built and he was quite good-looking. He just stood there staring at me like he had known me for a long time.

-nadiah-

MAX said...

'Man, this boy is quite a looker,' I whispered to myself. His sunrise hair and lime green eyes reminded me of Oz Vessalius. Maybe I should take the first step; maybe I should say something.

Anonymous said...

But before I even say anything he started walking to me. Then he opened his mouth to say; Vous avez besoin de savoir quelque chose sur tes parents ..... Having to learn French at a young age, my heart pounded at what he said.

-nadiah-

Anonymous said...

Whatever it was that I wanted to say had to wait. This was more important. So I said in reply, 'What about my parents?'

p/s: Nadiah, what's with French all of the sudden?

Anonymous said...

teacher, sunkissed hair, lime eyes and oz vessalius reminds me of French boys. some how....

He replied in his french accented english; before your parents died, they left something for you. He reached into the pocket of his jeans and held out neatly folded piece of paper to me. I took it eagerly from his hands.

Sorry teacher, i didn't have any ideas. Kuih raye and rendang punye pasal. =P

-nadiah-

Anonymous said...

it's OK nadiah. =) hehe.

So I unfolded the paper and began to read the message inside. What I learnt in the next few seconds would have sent the whole world into a chaos. 'We're sorry, daughter, but you're a mermaid.'


omg. can anyone actually continue this with me?

Anonymous said...

of course i can!

I looked at his face at spoke to him in a barely audible voice, "you're kidding right?". He replied in his deep french accented voice, "No, and my name is Jasper.". Seriously, i need explanations not introductions!

-nadiah-

Post a Comment

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. Your thoughts?